TERMS OF REFERENCE
Technical Programme Consultant-Part time
Scope of Work
Under the supervision of the Executive Director the Consultant will be required to undertake the following activities in accordance with the work plan:
- Contribute to the design and execution of the work plan, which includes capability building training and other activities as required.
- Contribute to and/or write reports and other documents disseminating UCTRANS’s work and communicating on our activities and results.
- Conduct monthly capacity building training in resource planning, technical proposal writing and social marketing for UCTRANS affiliates.
- Develop concept notes and guidelines to support project activities.
- Provide oversight and feedback to consultants.
- Coordinate service providers, and support preparation, processing, and administration of consultants and technical services contracts/agreements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with civil society and other stakeholders in the furtherance of duties.
- Maintain a time sheet for the period.
- Supporting and leading other staff members on project to meet their individual targets and objectives.
- Liaise with the donor regarding project deliverables.
- Participate in programme technical committees or component team meetings in order to ensure timely implementation progress and a focus on procurement related activities.
- Prepare monthly programmatic report.
- Any other duties as required.
- The Consultant(s) should possess:
- University degree in Social Sciences, Project Management, Public Health or related field;
- 3-5 years’ experience in a relevant or similar role preferably in an NGO environment with experience in HIV & human rights;
- Experience and or awareness in working with the Transgender community
- Knowledge of Human Rights the Human Rights Based Approach as well as stigma and discrimination concepts;
- Experience of project planning, budgeting, supervision and management including monitoring and evaluation
- An excellent command of oral and written English;
- Strong interpersonal skills including flexibility and initiative, team-work essential;
- Willingness to work with Key Populations.
- Satisfactory prior experience working with UCTRANS and or our partners
Duration of Contract
The Consultant will be contracted for a period of three months from July-September 2021.
The Facilitator will report directly to the Executive Director at UCTRANS.
Deadline for submission is Friday, July 2, 2021 to be emailed to Alexus D’ Marco, Executive Director, UCTRANS Please send applications to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include in the subject line of your email the title of the consultancy you are applying for – “Technical Programme Consultant”.